Fashion Nomads

I was going through some of the gifts received through the Bloggers Appreciation Week today, and found this great pair of capri pants, jacket, and hat, and fell in love with them instantly. I didn't recognize the name of the store (hey, sometimes I'm oblivious), but when I looked at the creator, it turns out I know her, so I spent some time talking with her, and decided to blog some of her items.

Fashion Nomads is owned by Aleida Rhode, model and fashion photographer. I'm going to admit here, as I did directly to her, that when I heard that she had started designing, I kind of blew it off for a few months, figuring I'd give her time to "season" as a designer. BIG mistake! While Aleida only opened her store in March, she had been working for almost a year before that, on sharpening her design skills, by taking all the skills that she had learned about texturing from doing photo work, and turning it into wearables.

In the photo below, I'm wearing the Summer Wine Red Mozaic jacket and the Used Black Gulu capris.

The capris have sculpted leg cuffs, fit snugly but without being too revealing. They come on both the pants and the underwear layers. They come in dark black, dark denim, light blue, used black, used black with splash, and light used denim, and sell for $L149.

The Mozaic jacket is really classy, and dresses up your favorite jeans or dress pants. It comes with both a long-sleeved and short-sleeved option (on both undershirt and shirt layers), nice belt and neck scarf, and sculpted prim sleeves and collar that are very nicely done. The Mozaic jacket is available in silver, summer wine red, old purple, nature brown, gold, or charcoal, and carries a price tag of $L175.

Next is the Shaba mini-dress. By the way, I started the day craving shoes in a merlot color, and the trend continued through the day! The Shaba comes with three different skirt options - flexi, one prim, and sculpted. It also comes with a detachable mink stole and gloves. The Shaba is also available in silver, summer wine red, old purple, nature brown, gold, or charcoal and is only $L399.


Being the freebie blogger that I also am, I have to mention that you'll find five free gifts at Fashion Nomads, four on the floor and one in the Subscribe-o-Matic. But I want you to go get them and check out Aleida's great designs, so I'm not telling you what the gifts are ;)

Honey

0 comments

Please keep your comments appropriate. No spam!