Glitterati by Sapphire

I am occasionally contacted by designers and asked to take a look at their work for this blog, or for Virtual Freebies. This happened recently, and I'm happy to say that I met the charming Sapphire Teebrook because of it.

Admittedly, I had been at Glitterati, Sapphire's shop, a couple of times during various hunts. I had noticed her work before, and felt that she was "young" yet in her design career. Actually, I still believe she is, but anticipate watching her growth as she becomes even better in her skills and learns more of the tricks of the trade.

Sapphire and I met up and chatted for awhile the other day. I learned that she uses Gimp, rather than PhotoShop, and had no graphics training at all when she started designing a year ago. Most of her gowns range between 250$L and 500$L, and she puts them out at 50% off for her group members on her release day...great benefit for her group! It takes her 7-10 days to create one of her gowns, beginning with her own original textures.

So, after our chat, I went home and opened the boxes that she gave me, all filled with rich, beautifully textured gowns. I immediately noticed that the gowns have several options to them, from mini-skirt to full skirt, although her battleship skirts seem a bit smaller than most (yay!). Sapphire includes some unique jeweled gloves with some of the outfits, such as the Envy, shown below, and there are numerous detailed touches such as buttons on the collar and jeweled belt.

Sapphire's Envy
Sapphire's Eve, shown below, has a nicely done fur collar - not too prim heavy, but realistic enough to satisy even the most detail-oriented fashionista. The jewelry was made by Sapphire as well.

Sapphire's Eve

The clothing at Glitterati is sure to please the budget-conscious shopper searching for an elegant look at a less expensive price, but I'd shop soon, because as Sapphire's talents ripen, I'd expect these prices to rise as she takes her place in the upper echelon of the Second Life™ design world - and I know she will!

Honey


4 comments

  1. i love!!! the red dress

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol and guess who's protogé she was.....?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice, love the fur on the red dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sascha, that does not surprise me! I actually thought I saw a similarity in style, and certainly in marketing ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments appropriate. No spam!