A mer tale

As everyone knows, I have a career in Second Life that I take very seriously - and usually too seriously, and friends have lately been concerned about that. The whole "all work and no play" thing, you know.

Because of that, I was recently introduced to the world of Mer, and immediately fell in love. The funny thing is - in RL, I don't have much to do with the ocean. I'm not a secure swimmer, I've never scubaed, and the life under the ocean scares me - lots of things that can jump out and hurt you. Maybe because of that, I love life under the water inworld. I've found some sims that were beautifully created for merlife, and I love being there. I find it totally relaxing and calming, and love exploring them.

I haven't interacted with too terribly many Mer-people yet, but the ones that I have met have been friendly, open, and generous. Because one should obviously look the part when visiting a new world, I had to go....SHOPPING! Yay!

One of the incredibly generous people I met was Indigo Jashan, owner of Deep Seas Mer Outfitters. Indigo creates the really wonderful tails shown in the pictures below. Each tail comes with a basic mermaid AO to help get you started. Most of the tails range from 300L-500L.

Deep Seas is housed at the Haven of Rogues sim, which is one of the connected sims where I've been playing. There's a wonderful tower there with all kinds of Mer items, so if you have any interest in this life, you'll find lots of items there to help you out.

The first picture below is the Wobbegong Shark.

The next tail is the Rose Mer Tail. While the picture isn't close enough to show it, the texture on this tail is amazing...very iridescent and beautiful.

This is the Metal Pewter tail.

And my favorite tail - the Spirit.


I hope you'll consider running by Deep Seas to check it out...and perhaps I'll see you in the water soon! ;)

Deep Seas Mer Outfitters

Till next time!
Honey

1 comments

  1. Does that mean I can bait you with a a hook and some smelly chum?

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments appropriate. No spam!