I was thinking tonight....

And that's occasionally dangerous *smiles*.

When I started Second Life a bit over two years ago, I came in not really knowing what to expect. I had watched something on TV that made me want to try it, but I had a pretty crappy computer at the time and SL wouldn't run on it. A couple of years went by, and I finally got a computer that would handle it, and a friend brought me in (and shortly thereafter left SL).

I got the obligatory pole dancing job which lasted until they told me I'd actually have to take my clothes off and try to talk the guys out of their money. "WHAT?! I quit!"

Went to club hosting, then to club ownership, and when I finally got tired of the money pit (I actually paid my employees, and live entertainment...if you're thinking about doing it - don't!), I decided to go to modeling school. Now, I'm the second in command at UVogue Fashion Agency.

What this what I thought would happen when I joined Second Life? Can't really say it is. I'm glad it has, I love what I do. But if anyone had told me this was the road I'd be following, I'd have laughed....hard....in disbelief.

So, I'm curious, has your Second Life turned out the way you thought? Better? Worse? Let's not discuss the actual pros and cons of the platform since I've been fighting it hard all weekend, including inventory loss...but tell me if you're happy with the direction your life has gone.

Honey

3 comments

  1. That's an interesting question. My SL hasn't turned out the way I expected. I'm too shy, not cool enough, whatever. But I have so.much.fun and I'm not willing to give up my fun to be more "successful". I've thought about modeling in SL because I love fashion and styling outfits, but it's an intimidating and confusing world. I wouldn't know where to start. So far what I've enjoyed most (besides exploring with my partner) has been DJing and blogging. I don't seem to excel at anything -- competition here is so fierce -- but I enjoy myself, and that's the point, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy shopping and reading blogs and looking at guys. haha. I started off on nude beach, made friends there. In SL I never fit in with my latex-wearing friends because I dressed so differently from them all the time. people would be at a biker club in sexy latex/leather/bikinis and i'd show up flat chested, midgetlike, in a chinese skin, wearing colorful hoodies and short hair like a dude. I was really honored that I was asked to be a host by a close friend so I did that for a very short while, could never commit because of sl timing though.. and finally I think I've found what I REALLY love doing in sl, that fits in with my rl personality/interests, so I'm happy. I'm not cool at all lol but I'm thrilled to work with BOSL sometimes(layout stuff) and share designers whose work I love while posting outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like these conversations. In SL I have many conversations on this subject. I also started with the pole dancing! I studied SL and researched. I came originally for academic reasons and approached the pole dancing as a challenge with marketing strategy and such, then I discovered live music and the clothes and hair have gotten so much better in the three years that I am always shopping and shopping. How many black dresses do I need? Well, one more.
    Then I find SL is wonderful way for me to connect to my heritage, which has become important in my life these last few years and I can combine this. SL is so wonderful to express creativity whether it is fashion or culture, art or music.
    I believe in SL we are souls touching each other souls.
    Maybe you will visit my tea house!

    Juleee Ling

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments appropriate. No spam!